Upcoming Classes & Events
In this workshop you will refine your walking through an understanding of the carriage of the head. People who want to enjoy and pursue walking, hiking, cycling, climbing stairs, and standing without pain will especially benefit from this workshop. (The conversation of this workshop will expand on the previous Anti-Fragile Walking workshop in Seattle 2016. Come again if you understand the value of compound interest!)
As a participant in the workshop you will:
- Use the carriage of the head to measure your quality of gait.
- Engage in selected Awareness Through Movement® lessons to help you sense the patterns of walking with greater accuracy and comfort.
- Improve the arrival of your head over the new leg in walking, so that it is more smoothly timed, stable, and weightless.
- Sense how to organize your spine in the direction of stability, not across it.
- Distinguish between “keeping” your balance and restoring it.
- Integrate the use of the eyes for ease, perception and safety in walking.
Get Notified of Classes & Events
Books I'm Reading:
The Brain's Way of Healing: Remarkable Discoveries and Recoveries from the Frontiers of Neuroplasticity
by Norman Doidge, M.D.
This groundbreaking book contains two chapters (over 65 pages) devoted to the Feldenkrais Method. Currently the #1 best seller in Amazon's neuroscience category!
A Life in Movement, Vol. 1
by Mark Reese.
"Genius, of the magnitude possessed by Moshe Feldenkrais defies categorization...Now, finally, the great integrative genius and master of turning scientific insights into practical ways to help people has found, in Mark Reese, the biographer he deserves."
—Norman Doidge, M.D., author